Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday!!!!!!!

I just attended a very interesting lecture on central banks, liquidity, and financial crises in emerging markets, so I am not ready to go back to work yet... That gives me an excuse to procrastinate for a bit and update my blog!


I am almost done with a week of training that includes a couple of strength (very difficult) workouts. I did one on Wednesday and will do the other tomorrow morning.  I had a really good run on Wednesday, despite the weather.  It was very windy and cool (for NOLA standards). The workout included one hour of easy running and 6x5 mins. tempos (1 min. recovery).  The first hour was uneventful, running in those conditions is not nice but I kept thinking about the tempos the whole time.  This workout gave me a very hard time toward the end last time I did it, so I wanted to be conservative with my pace in the first hour.  I am coming out of three consecutive 50+ mile weeks and I am lacking a bit of speed, but the tempos were very good.  I hit all the splits, one by one... indeed, the pace felt very comfortable after the first series. I ended the run feeling very strong and thinking that it is a real shame that I won't run the Boston Marathon because I am in great shape.

I did 5 very easy miles on Th and 7 miles this morning.  My legs feel good, recovered after the 12 mile tempo on Wednesday, and ready for a 17 miler tomorrow morning.  I will do one more week of heavy mileage and then my training will focus on recovering my speed and staying healthy... New Jersey is just a check point on my road to Berlin, the big race of this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment