Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Not all weeks are good weeks!

I need to admit that my running was very mediocre last week.  The weather is bad (hot and humid), I have been very busy at work and traveling, and I just posted 4 consecutive weeks of more than 50 miles.  The only certain thing is that my body is exhausted and my legs just didn't have any spark since Tuesday. I had a pretty average tempo run on Wednesday and then a terrible long run on Saturday. I wanted to do 20 miles but ended up doing only 17. Please don't ask me how I felt throughout the entire run...because I was empty the whole way. I had nothing, nothing in the tank.  I haven't had that feeling in almost two years. There is one word that can describe my training last week: disappointing!

 So, after the disappointment, I decided that I am going to take things easy this week and go with the flow. If my legs feel good, I'll go fast. If they don't I'll go slow or not run at all.  I still have three weeks to go to my next marathon and I will try my best to recover.  I hope I can do it, I have enough time to do it.  The week is off to a good start, so I am hopeful that running will also be good :)



No comments:

Post a Comment