Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Less than 4 weeks to my next marathon

I will be running another marathon in less than 4 weeks (May 1).  I find myself thinking that I can have a good one out there.  My training has been good and it's a matter of finishing this training block strong and stay healthy. This is the last week of heavy training. After this week, everything is downhill (at least that's what I tell myself :)).

But, first things first.  Last week I did 60 miles. It was a very good one, except for my run on Saturday.  I struggled with the tempo, long run, tempo combination. It was very humid and my legs were feeling the effects of the mileage. I had to activate the survival mode since mile 13... I did 17.5 miles. The workout is done and that's what really matters.  I didn't know how my legs were going to feel after suffering in the sticky weather for more than 2 hrs. on Saturday, so I went out again on Sunday morning and did 5 very easy miles. To my delight, my legs felt fine, no pain. It was a very slow run... Sunday's run was slow by design, not by choice.

This week started with a speed session... 8x800 mts with 400 mts recovery. 7.5 miles total.  I ran strong every 800.  3:04 was my average time.  It was very windy and humid so I am very pleased with those splits.  Some people use the yasso 800s to predict their marathon time.  I have always been skeptical about using this workout as a predictor for my races, but I feel like using it as a predictor of my next race for the time being!  It's a difficult workout, I was strong throughout.  It is a good sign...

I have a busy travel schedule this week. I hope my training survives my travels :)  Have a great week!







No comments:

Post a Comment