Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

I won't be able to..

blame the weather this time... There is a perfect weather forecast for Sunday... Lows in the 40s and highs in the 60s.  So I better get my act together and run a solid race!!!!!   :)

I am in Denver, waiting for my next flight.  I woke up at 5 am this morning, showered and headed to the New Orleans airport to catch my flight.  So far, so good. We arrived to Denver on time and I have 1 more hour to kill before the next one. The waiting game before any marathon is always difficult. I am excited, pumped, nervous, ready to go... But I still have two more days to go before race day. As I said before, I am not sure how my legs are going to respond to the pace I am planning to run.  I know I have enough strenght to make it to the 20 mile marker without problems (Well, I should say that I hope to have the energy to make it without trouble to mile 20). After mile 20, I just don't know what's going to happen. 

I had a very good training cycle, I was healthy for the most part and partially missed only a couple of key workouts.  The records suggest that my shape is very similar to the one I had before running in Traverse City 11 months ago.  This time around, however, I trained in more difficult conditions (with heat and humidity). So I should be able to handle the first 20-22 miles with relative ease... Then, if the legs feel good, I am going to go for it.  I want to run fast, but I also want to save my legs for Berlin. I am going to attack the last 6 miles if I see that I can run a PR. If not, I am just going to enjoy and think about the pinot noir that I will drink after the race... :)  

More updates soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment