Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

One week to my next marathon...

It's very hot and humid in New Orleans, but my running has been good lately.  My legs feel better, the speed is coming back, and my strenght is good (I think).  I have noticed that I can handle the marathon pace workouts with realative ease this time.  This is good because running MP workouts in the last two weeks of my previous cycles used to be difficult.  Anything can happen in a 26.2 mile race, but I have trained hard and am ready to test myself in a marathon again. 

It's difficult to predict how I am going to run next Sunday, primarily because I didn't run a half-marathon in my build up.  I did, however, do a half-marathon on February (1:30:30), a Yasso 800 workout (3:04 avg) 2 weeks ago, and a 10k yesterday morning. I ran 43:44 in the Crescent City Classic yesterday, but I never went all out. I just used this race as my penultimate MP workout.  It was very hoy and humid, but I ran a solid race.  The splits were:  7:11, 7:04, 7:03, 7:04, 6:56, 6:53, 6:46, and 5:52 (last .2 miles)... Legs felt good, strong throughout, but I didn't let them go full speed. 

I am going to do a shake-out run today... 3-4 very easy miles and then chill the rest of the week... well, I have 2 workouts (a short marathon pace run and a 4x600 workout), but that's better than a 20 mile run in a 90 degree weather, isn't it?

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment