Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Peak Week 1... done!

I usually am very good at knowing the routes am running. Well, that was not the case last Saturday. I got completely lost and ended up running 19.5 miles and walking another 3-4. Yes, I need to be more careful and really know my routes. I really liked the course and I wanted to keep running the whole day. It was one of those days that you wish you could have on marathon day. I felt very good. In fact, I felt better and better as the run progressed. I started relatively slow (8:30 min/mile) and sped up in the second half of my run. No aches, no pain, no mental breakdowns (except when I found out that I was lost in the middle of some corn fields) and no hesitation about my pace. A good slow long run.

The long run was preceded by a 4 mile very easy run indoors on Friday morning. I ran well after the great tempo run on Thursday. Overall, I had a great week. I continue to feel good about my chances of running a marathon PR in TC. This week am going to cut down the mileage a bit.

The Zurich Marathon was yesterday... I read that they changed the course as is now faster than the previous years. I have a special appreciation for that marathon because I ran fast in 2009 despite the warm weather and the slow course. I will go back to run it sometime. I am getting ready to watch the Boston Marathon next Monday... I hope to be running in Boston next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment