Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

First race of the year!

I am running a half-marathon in Kalamazoo tomorrow morning (April 24th). The weather forecast is not very good (with rain) but I would still like to run. As I said in a previous post, the course is not an easy one. The weather and a difficult course could make things difficult. This is why I have designed two race plans. One includes running the 13 miles at marathon pace (7:20-7:25). Another has 10 miles at 7:00 min/mile and the last 3.1 miles at 5k pace (6:30-6:45). I will decide which one to use after seeing the conditions. Meanwhile, the week has been good so far… Three easy runs on Wed. Th and Fr to get ready for tomorrow’s race.

Wednesday: Two sessions, total 11.5 miles. AM: 5 miles recovery. PM: 6.5 miles easy. I felt very good in the evening session.

Thursday: 7 easy miles.

Friday: 4 very easy miles with 4*1 minute surges. I wanted to feel my legs and they seem to be ready for tomorrow.

I will let you know how things develop in Kalamazoo…

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sergio, how was your race? What was your time? Hope everything was great today!

    ReplyDelete