Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Week

This is going to be a difficult week! If everything goes as expected, I will have my first peak at 62 miles. Easy to say, not so easy to do!

I ran an easy 8 miler yesterday evening. The pace was comfortable but my legs didn't feel good. They are a little bit tired from last week's training. I am entering an unknown territory in terms of weekly mileage. I feel that my endurance is getting better and better every day but it's necessary to be extremely cautious to avoid injuries. Lately, during my runs, I have been thinking that a year ago I was dreaming of finishing a marathon under 4 hrs. That is, running at 8:50 mins/mile. But now am running my easy runs at 8:20-30 mins/mile! Who would predict that? Anyway, I just hope that everything goes as planned this week.

The difficult runs for this week are a 2x20 mins tempo run with 4 mins recovery (Wednesday or Thursday)and a 2:30 hrs. long run on Saturday. I may also do one easy to steady run today or tomorrow and easy runs the other days...

No comments:

Post a Comment