Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

May 19

I have recently read that several friends have posted a message against domestic violence in their facebook profiles. Running gives me the opportunity to think about many issues and I have thought about this message several times. My conclusion is that I could only applaud all of those who stand against this despicable act and support them. The message couldn't be more accurate so I would like to share it with you:

"While you SCREAM at your woman, there's a man wishing he could whisper softly in her ear... While you HUMILIATE, OFFEND and INSULT her, there's a man flirting with her and reminding her how wonderful she is. While you HURT your woman, there's a man wishing he could make love to her. While you make your women CRY there's a man stealing smiles from her..."

Isn't this true? I have always thought that REAL MEN always treat women with respect and honesty, not with insults and punches. REAL MEN do not lack self confidence, so they do not need to control or abuse their significant others to retain them. Perhaps, abusers should be aware of this message and read it every time they want to hurt their women... If you agree with me, spread the word and stand against domestic violence.

Now to my running... mmmmmm, I didn't have a very good run today. 12 miles total: 7 easy miles+4 @ marathon pace+ 1 easy mile cool down. I was sluggish in the marathon pace miles, the easy miles were fine. My legs are pretty tired, they need more time to recover. Tomorrow, the workout will be easy. 5 miles, recovery+core.

I decided to get a deep tissue massage. Scott recommended me a good massage therapist and am going to call her tomorrow to make the appointment. Hopefully, it will help and I will feel like a million dollars next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment