Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

2 weeks in one post

The blog needs an update! The week after the kzoo half-marathon was not easy. My legs were tired and the recovery took some time. I introduced two changes into my training schedule: my tempo run was shorter and I took a day off in the middle of the week. That week looked like this:

Wed- Tempo run. 3x10 mins (2 mins recovery). Total 7 miles.
Th- Off
Fri- 6 miles, easy
Sat- 19.25 miles, easy
Sun- 5 miles, easy

Total: 54.75 miles (88 kms.)

Last week was better as am recovering my legs. I wanted to run a 25 k. race in Grand Rapids but decided against it because the weather was not good on Saturday. Here is a look at my training:

Mo- 8 miles, under 8 mins./mile
Tu- 7.25 miles, easy
We- 1 hr easy+ 6x1200 mts (1 min recovery). Total 12 miles. It was a difficult workout but I liked it. My endurance is good.
Th- 6.12 miles, recovery run
Fr- off
Sat- 6.12 miles, easy+strides
Sun- 18 miles. Easy long run in a decent weather. I liked my pace and felt very strong throughout the run. This is the last long run before the marathon. It is all downhill from now!

Total: 57.5 miles (92 kms.)

The hard work is done… I need to recover and get ready for Traverse City!

No comments:

Post a Comment