Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Three good, solid workouts!

I have had three very good quality workouts since my last post. I did a tempo workout on Thursday:  15 min w/u; 2x15 min tempo w/3 min recovery (6:42; 6:50); 1 x 10 min tempo (6:50); 1 mile c/d (9 miles total). It was a great workout because I consistently hit all the splits. My legs felt great and I gained a lot of confidence with this workout. I am gaining strength and endurance. I then had a very easy day on Friday and rested on Saturday.  On Sunday, I did my longest workout in more than 5 months: 28 kms.  The weather was very humid but I managed to run a consistent pace for the entire workout…another confidence buster! 
I already did 2 workouts this week: a 5.5 recovery run yesterday and a fartlek this morning.  The fartlek workouts are not only adding variety to my training plan but also making me faster. I hope that running really fast (@5:10 min/mile) for short periods of time help improving my speed.  I am happy with how things are going so far.  The weather is getting hot and humid but I am doing my best to adapt to it as soon as possible.  Happy Mardi Gras!

No comments:

Post a Comment