Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

3rd. 50+ mile week in the books

I had a very solid week of training.  My workouts suggest that my speed and endurance are getting better by the day. I logged another 50+ mile week and I am feeling very good.  The most important thing so far is that I am very healthy and feeling very good about my training. My legs are moving faster than ever.  I am consistently running my easy workouts at 7:50/8:00 min/mile and I have to constantly remind myself that I should not go faster than that in my easy runs. My best workout last week was a long tempo: 10 miles with 2x20 minute tempo in the middle. It was my best workout in a long time!  I also ran a 17 miler yesterday, it wasn't as solid as I wanted it to be but still in the low 8's.

I have a difficult week of training ahead. It will end with a monstrous 12 mile marathon pace run on Sunday.  I am going to push the pace. no question about it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment