Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Fall Marathon is Berlin!

I decided that my fall marathon will be in Berlin on September 25, 2011. This race will be my third world major marathon as I have previously done New York City (3 times) and Chicago (3 times).  I am very excited about it because Berlin is a world record course, flat and fast. Berlin has been on my list for more than 3 years, I decided this morning that it was time to act and register to run it. My decision implies that I will have to adjust my training plan a little bit so that I can run my spring marathon in late April or early May. Running in early May will give me almost 21 weeks to fully recover and complete a full training plan toward Berlin. This decision also implies that I do not necessarily have to attempt running a sub 3 hr marathon in early/mid May. I am training hard to run fast in the spring but I need to be careful in my training as I wouldn’t like to get injured.  The possibilities for spring are the New Jersey or the Cincy Marathons… I am leaning toward New Jersey currently.

No comments:

Post a Comment