Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

First Race since Chicago


I have some minutes to spare at Cleveland (thanks to a delayed flight) and I decided to update my running blog. Work has been busy but I have been able to get some good runs in the last 10 days.  I am adapting to my new plan, which includes three quality runs each week (speed/hills, tempo, long run).  The idea is to get faster and stronger. My easy runs are faster and my long runs include 3-4 miles (at the end) @ marathon pace or faster.

I guess we will see how I am doing this Sunday. I already registered for the  Mardi Gras Rock and Roll Half Marathon in New Orleans.  I have not raced since last October and I have no idea how my legs/body are going to respond.  I think I can run fast but I am not sure how long I can sustain a hard effort.  I am just finishing my base training period… It will be interesting to see how I run on Sunday.  This is the first time (since I train seriously) that I am going to run a half-marathon before starting with the heavy-mileage training.  I should be faster than in my previous halfs but the question, as I said before, remains as to how many miles I can run at a 6:50/7:00 min pace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment