Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

48 hrs...


Training has been good this week.  I decreased my mileage in anticipation of the NOLA half-marathon.  My workouts have been shorter but faster.  I did a great fartlek on Tueday (20 min. w/u; 9x 1 on/1 off; 20 min. c/d); 6 miles easy on Monday and Wednesday; and a short tempo run yesterday (12 min. w/u;  3 mile tempo; 12 min c/d).  I will take today off and do a very short fast paced run tomorrow morning (2-3 miles with 3x400 pick ups) to recover and get ready for Sunday.  I have good sensations about my new training regime… I am getting faster.  

I will run this race without having high expectations about my performance. It’s too early in the season to think about running a half-marathon PR, it’s also too early to see results of my new plan. I will let my legs go as fast as they want to go. Hopefully, they will have enough gas to go strong for 13 miles.  There are two key differences between this race and my previous half-marathons. First, I don’t have to run a marathon any time soon, so I can go fast if I’d like to. Second, I am not going to set any limits… I am going to go for it. I train really hard every day and I can’t limit myself in race day. I train to run hard and I am going to run hard. I have the feeling that it is going to hurt but I am not going to quit…

No comments:

Post a Comment