Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Intensity, endurance and consistency for the next 4 weeks

I like what I see so far.  My legs recovered from the NOLA half and am ready to shift the focus of my training to intensity, endurance and consistency. The race in New Orleans was a good parameter that allowed me to gain some information about my fitness. I felt good during the race but the recovery was slow and painful. But my legs are back and my mind is ready to take on 12 very intensive weeks of training leading to my next marathon. A year ago my objective was to qualify to Boston. I now think about running a sub 3 hr marathon. It's not an easy task but I am going to try it. A few months ago I read an article saying that to run a sub 3 hr marathon one has to have some special attributes. It's not all about the fitness, the mind also plays an important role. Fitness is something that one can always improve with constant workouts, but the state of mind, and the determination are characteristics that one can difficult improve regarless of the mileage. They are inside of you, waiting to be awaken.

I am healthy, faster, and commited to log hundreds of quality miles. I have learnt that it's not about the quantity of miles I run. Rather it's all about the quality of those miles. I know that I have to run many, many quality miles before attempting to run a sub 3 hr. marathon and I am ready to do so. It's time to prove that I can maintain a fast, consistent pace for 26.2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment