Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

My speed...

I have been uncertain about my speed for a long time. I thought my times were worse than those I was running before the Traverse City Marathon. So yesterday I compared my workouts and found out that am not very far from where I was 2 weeks before my last marathon.  For instance, the 13-mile marathon pace run of last Saturday was only 72 seconds slower than my run in early May. However, this time I ran in a more challenging course with very slow surface. Yesterday, I did a 12-mile run and I was almost 4 minutes faster than in the same run back in May. This means that am not as slow as I thought. Indeed, I think I can get faster if I recover well and my nutrition and hydration are good before 10-10-10. After all, I run marathons because I love running and not because am a professional. So am going to have fun on 10-10-10. It is going to be cool in Chicago, this could help my performance and I need to be extremely careful in the next few days. I am going to go for it, but am also going to enjoy it.  More updates soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment