Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

11 days til 10/10/10

I will run in Chicago in less than 2 weeks.  It has been a difficult summer but I managed to put together a very solid training. My endurance is very good. I am not sure what my real speed is... hot and humid weather prevents me from having a clear idea of my speed.  The weather forecast for 10/10/10 is great.  I have been dreaming about running in a cool and dry weather for a long time. Well, it looks like I will be running in great conditions... finally!  So am going to run a smart race. The success or failure in this marathon is conditional on my race strategy. I need to run at a constant pace for 18-19 miles and am going to do that. I will use my last marathon pace runs to determine the pace am going to try. My guess is that I have enough gas in the tank to run a 7:15 pace for 19 miles. I need to be extremely careful with my pace because 'the line' between success or failure when one runs at that pace is very thin. I feel good and am going to enjoy.  I have trained with discipline and drive. The long distance training is done. It's time to adjust the final details.  I will try to update this blog more frequently between now and marathon day... A break in training gives me more time to do other things!
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment