Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

First and only test before 10/10/10

I will run the Lake City half-marathon tomorrow.  I was hesitant about running tomorrow because the weather forecast wasn't good. However, it has changed and it lloks like it will be dry and cool. My legs are not very fresh but I need to run in a race before going to Chicago. I had great workouts on Tu and Wed but my legs are a bit tired. It is normal, I am running heavy mileage and the legs feel it.

This will be my first and only serious test before 10/10/10. Honestly, I don't know what to expect tomorrow. I will see how I feel and decide my strategy on the course. Ideally, I would like to run a tactical race, with high 6's in the first 9-10 miles and mid-6's in the last 3-4 miles. But am not sure if my legs will be fresh enough.  A fast course with good weather conditions could be the perfect recipe for another PR... Let's see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment