Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Relaxed before Chicago

Well, my dreams of running the 26+ miles of the Chicago marathon in a cool weather have vanished!  The forecast suggests that, once again, I will have to run a marathon in a less than ideal weather. But I remain confident about my chances of running a good race in chicago. I will try to run with the 3:10 group as many miles as possible. I think the conditions will be very similar to those in Traverse City and my experience in that race might be very valuable this time. I ran a very conservative first half and my time reflected that in the end. I do not regret my strategy because I qualified to Boston, but I think I can be a little bit more aggresive this time. I need to be more aggresive!

The Chicago marathon will mark the end of a very long training period. I just hope my legs can go 26 more miles without any problem. I am mentally prepared for the race. I will try to update the blog from Chicago.  I am eating well and drinking fluids like crazy. I will need them on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment