Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

12 more weeks

It is hard to assess how my training is going.  I am doing all the workouts, but the weather is just brutal and my right knee is not 100%.  In addition, I have not raced since May so I don't really know how fast and/or strong I am.  I guess I just have to be extremely careful with my knee and the way I hydrate and things will be fine.  My base training is complete, 4 weeks of 40+ miles (49 this week) are in the books, and I am getting ready to start 12 weeks of very specific, key workouts for Berlin.  This week's training included the following workouts:

Mo- Fartlek (8x1 min, 1 min recovery). 6 miles total. 
Tu-  7 miles, easy.
Wed*- AM: 5x6 min tempo, 2 min recovery, 7 miles total. PM: 4 miles, recovery. 11 miles total.
Th- 6 miles, easy. 
Fr- 2 hr. long run. Brutal in the heat. 
Sat- 4.5 miles, easy run.

* I did a second run after my tempo this week.  The idea behind it is that a short, very easy run in the PM will allow my legs to flush out the excess of lactic acid that accumulates during hard runs. I will add 2 sessions like this next week (after fartlek and tempo sessions).  

No comments:

Post a Comment