Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

I am feeling good!

I don't have a valid excuse for the lack of updates in my running blog.  My apologies!  As in all my previous marathons, excitement is building up by the hour.  With only 5 1/2 weeks to Berlin, I have reasons to think that I can have a great race there.  I am running great workouts and increasing the weekly mileage.  Consistency is the word that better defines my training this time around.  I am very motivated for this race. My workouts are not easy, painful sometimes, but that doesn't stop me from pushing myself harder and enjoying every single moment of them.  I have turned the corner for good, and I can finally see the finish line.  I feel good, I am going to race (not to run) this marathon.  My plan is different this time, I am not going to Berlin to jog on the roads. I am going to attack the course since the very first mile.  I am not going to save any energy, I will leave everything I have on the pavement.  If I stay healthy in the next 5 weeks,  I am going to go for it.  I am already qualified for Boston so no worries about hitting the wall in mile 21.  I have trained diligently and it's time to see if I have the 'talent' to run a sub 3 hour marathon.

My training in the past two and a half weeks has been very solid.  It included 2 speed workouts, three tempos, one long run, and a marathon pace workout.  I don't have neither the time nor the desire to write every single details about the workouts, but they have been good.  Below is a quick synthesis of all of them:

Speed
#1: 6x800 mts (400 mts. recovery). 3:03, 01, 03, 06, 00, 03. Really humid, good feeling.
#2: 8x800 mts (400 mts recovery). 3:05, 03, 00, 00, 2:59, 2: 57, 2:54, 2:48). Treadmill, hot and humid outside. 

Tempos
#1: 7x5 mins. @ Sta Rosa Beach Florida. Decent, only decent in a really humid place.
#2: 4x10 mins (2 mins recovery). 1.48, 1.52, 1.53, 1.55 miles respectively.  Fastest ever. Treadmill.
#3: 2x20 mins (20 mins easy running in between). 3 and 2.9 miles in each tempo.  Felt tired in the last 10 mins of the second one, but kept going. Treadmill.

Long Runs
# 1:  18 miles @ 8:20. Strong.Treadmill.
#2:  12 miles @ 7 min avg. 15.25 total.  An injection of confidence. Treadmill.

I have done 62 miles per week on average.  As you can see, the majority of my key workouts have been done on a treadmill.  The weather in New Orleans is just really bad and I don't want to kill myself before Berlin.

More updates soon, I promise!






No comments:

Post a Comment