Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Time for an update

First of all, I would like to express my apologies for not updating the blog. It’s been a hectic August for me and things don’t seem to get better any time soon. My choice is between blogging or running and, needless to say, I prefer running. It keeps me sane and energized. Seriously, I get much more productive after a good workout. If you don’t believe me, just try it!

Well, it’s been a busy time at work and training. The weather doesn’t get better, it’s still steamy hot. Yet my workouts have been pretty good. I am getting used to running in the blazing hot weather. My legs, lungs, heart and mind are adapted to heat and humidity and, as a consequence, my runs are good. This week has been particularly good. I am well on my way to peak at 60+ miles with 2 quality workouts. I ran 9 miles on Monday, 7.5 Tuesday and 10.5 yesterday. Yesterday’s workout included a 2x3 mile tempo. I didn’t push the pace too much because the humidity was very high and I wanted to conserve energy as much as possible. I never felt wasted in the run and I had a pretty decent run this AM (I ran 9.5 miles). Looks like my running legs and instincts are coming back right in time for the Chicago marathon. Ahead are 8 difficult weeks of training but am very motivated and, fortunately, healthy. Hopefully, I will stay like this until 10/10/10.

I will do my best to keep you updated more often. In the mean time, the gym is waiting for me! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment