Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Less than 8 weeks

Believe or not is less than 8 weeks to the Chicago Marathon. I have had 4 very strong weeks of hard training. My legs feel much better and, overall, am very strong. Training in high heat and humidity has helped me to get stronger. I peaked at 62.75 miles last week. My long run was a 19 miler in very humid conditions. I owed myself a workout like that one. It was strong and very consistent. The last three miles were fast and I truly enjoyed that. It gave me confidence and a good boost to continue training. In addition, the mid-week tempo run was good, a 2x20 mins. tempo (10 mins. recovery) for a total of 10.5 miles.

Ahead are 4 weeks of heavy mileage for me: 60, 64, 67-69, and 70+ miles respectively. I have never done more than 65 miles in a week but am healthy and ready to try it. The weather is better and my recovery is faster. I need to work on my speed a bit more. It’s not bad but I know it can get better so I am going to incorporate some speed workouts and hill runs in my plan. I have nothing to lose in Chicago, I already qualified for Boston and am going to run and enjoy as much as possible. I want to fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment